Sunday, October 11, 2009

Two Months

I don’t know why you had to go
The greater reason I’ll never know

My heart is shattered beyond repair
My body cries in despair
Remi you changed my life forever
I always pray we’ll be together

I’m your Mother for all time
Your heart, it lives on in mine

Your life was lost inside of me
I know now your soul is free

Consumed by you I’m paralyzed
I often wonder if I’ll survive

Today you’d be two months old
I long for you but you’ll never know

I imagine what you’d be like now
Golden hair, blue eyes or are they brown

The things we’d be doing if given the chance
The pain of your absence leads to a trance

I’d hug and kiss you... maybe more than I should
I’d love and teach you all that I could

Instead I’m trapped in a revolving door
With thoughts that lie too deep for words

3 comments:

  1. Your poems give me chills... keep up the great writing. It's so therapeutic, isn't it? Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful writer. I am keeping you in my heart and praying for some respite from the pain.love
    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kellie,
    i am so sorry for the loss of your baby Remi.. i lost my little girl, Matilda, just over three months ago - she was 21 weeks. There are no words that can express how sorry i am that your and your husband have had to go through such a terrible situation. It is not something i would wish upon anyone.. i do hope our babies are playing together somewhere somehow...
    Lana
    x

    ReplyDelete