Monday, December 21, 2009

A year ago tomorrow


A year ago tomorrow I found out I was pregnant(December 22, 08). We had been trying for quite some time so when a friend suggest I go buy a test kit I really didn't think it would be positive...

We were having company for two + weeks over the holidays and all I could think was...not now please. I was so exhausted that I couldn't stay awake. I thought I must be getting the flu because I ached and felt sick. On my way to do the grocery run before company arrived I started crying as I was driving. I knew I wasn't up for company but that was a funny reaction...come to find out it was raging hormones. My friend called as I was sitting in the parking lot of the store crying my eyes out...she suggested picking up a test kit. I had to stand in line at the grocery store pharmacy and I didn't have time to be doing that(thinking it would just be negative anyway). I ended up leaving the line and then going back, knowing I wouldn't be able to get away to pick one up without the firing line of questions about where I was going all alone. 

I rushed home and ran upstairs to take the test...as I was opening it a car pulled up, they were here. I ripped it open and was trying to read the instructions as they were coming in the house. Kristian starts yelling for me as I'm peeing on the stick...then they start coming up the stairs and Kristian is still yelling for me...any second I knew it would be the same old negative.....NO, it turned positive right away : ) I'm sitting in the toilet in utter disbelief, happiness, shock you name it. All the while my husband is still yelling for me and bringing people into our bedroom. I needed a minute to myself, I had never been pregnant before so I was shaking and my mind was gone. Should I run out screaming I'M PREGNANT or wait and tell Kristian first??

I would wait and tell him on Christmas Eve. Three very long days to live with the greatest news, alone.



Eventually I made it out of the bathroom and had no idea what I was saying about anything...all I could think was I'M PREGNANT! Just to be sure though I headed straight to drink as much water as possible so I could take the other test right away. When I did.....again, positive right away. Yay! Then the private search(in a house with 5 guests) for an OBGYN in a town I just moved to started. I lucked out and found the best possible one and was able to see her the next day(Dec. 23) for a proof positive test. I liked her immediately...and her test was positive. All the people in the office were so happy and I was beaming. It was also a relief that someone else knew the good news. I had the office write a letter to Kristian telling him the news (click on the letter above) I wrapped this and gave it to him when we found a private moment on Christmas Eve. I was nervous, and he thought I was serving him with papers of some sort because he could tell I was acting strange(more than usual), it was funny. We sat on the couch in our room and when he read it he actually fell onto the floor, grabbed my legs and was crying then we both cried together. It was an amazing moment that I'll never forget and will cherish forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment