Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Light Up A Life ~ 12-6-09

A couple nights ago on December 6, our local Hospice held an event called "Light up a life" to honor those we've lost. We hung stars with our loved ones names on the tree of life. The tree was lit and songs were sang, but as I sat there with my husband and friends who also experienced loss, I still couldn't believe this is our reality. It still feels like a bad dream. Our son Remi should be five months old this Christmas, instead we sat there with tears streaming down our faces and empty arms. I hung a star for him and one for my Grandmother next to each other...because I hope they're together now.


A photo that was taken of the tree shows a little boy looking at the stars and it just makes me miss our son even more if that's possible.

1 comment:

  1. It was such a sad night, but I'm glad that we could all be together to wallow in each other's pain and support each other.

    ReplyDelete